Your website needs SEO by Matthew Rubin Marketing Services
My name is Matthew Rubin and I am the top Savannah SEO consultant. I would like to share something with you that I find rather funny. Literally everday I read about folks that are supposed to be SEO experts giving advice to small business owners that is just completely wrong. Even my friends tell me they read this or that article and they are actually trying to teach me something about SEO! I guess I should be happy when these so-called experts tell folks the wrong things since it just makes my job that much easier! It just seems crazy that my industry has no real standard. If someone is on TV or published in a newspaper then they are an expert even if they have never accomplished anything as a SEO professional in their entire career.
There are so many articles about SEO out there that give terrible advice and I certainly don’t want to promote any of them! However, just to give you an example of some of the dumbest, most ignorant advice I have come across on the web I will list a couple of points made in articles that are actually published on very popular websites as expert SEO advice.
1. Press releases that are focused on keywords and SEO are unethical, black hat, and can get your website banned.
2. Links from directory websites are worthless.
3. Only post content and links on social media sites periodically because too much activity can hurt your rankings.
4. Links should be from a website’s homepage because backlinks are worthless.
5. It’s better to have a few links from websites that are very relevant to yours than hundreds from websites that are not very relevant.
If you read articles that give advice like this and listen to it I can guarantee your website will not be successful on Google and Bing. I would like to create a forum about Savannah SEO on my blog to help Savannah business owners avoid bad advice. If you are interested in getting some good advice and hiring me to help your website outperform your competitors on Google and Bing you can reach me at 912-398-1900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.