My name is Matthew Rubin and I am the top Savannah SEO Consultant. I frequently talk with CEOs and CMOs at mid-large size corporations all over the U.S. One thing that just amazes me day after day are the unqualified individuals they have hired to run their SEO/Internet marketing efforts. The Internet Marketing managers they hire typically don’t have a technical background or even a very strong marketing background. They know nothing about website design or website programming. Many times they have not even set up Google webmaster tools for the company’s website! How does this happen? After years I’m still trying to figure this out. Do they get the job because they are friends or family of an executive at the company?
Savannah business owners, if you are thinking about hiring someone for the long-term to give your business an advantage on Google and Bing then I would strongly recommend that you carefully consider these points before making a decision on who to hire.
1. Has this person ever designed a website?
2. Have they ever set up Google analytics and Google webmaster tools?
3. Do they understand Google webmaster tools and how to fix the errors they find in Google webmaster tools?
4. Can they write quality content that can influence Google and Bing?
5. Do they understand how search engines use title tags?
6. Have they ever created a linking strategy?
7. Have they ever run a successful SEO campaign for a client at some point in their life? Even just 1 successful SEO campaign?
These seven simple questions can help you eliminate most of the unqualified internet marketing managers I encounter on a daily basis when talking with some of the biggest corporation in the U.S.
Although I am not looking for another full-time job I am certainly interested to talk with Savannah business owners about my Savannah SEO services on a per hour basis. I think that would make a lot more sense than hiring someone that is not qualified and giving them salary plus benefits!